Bundled Care is a collaborative holistic approach to patient hospital discharge planning. Services offered through the LHIN Home and Community Care and “Bundled Community Support Services wrap around the patients. This provides time for the patient to recuperate from their hospital stay with a goal of; improved nutrition, increased compliance with follow up medical appointments, reduced visits to the emergency department post discharge and supporting caregivers.
Services included in Bundled Care (Section 21.06) are:
- Home at Last – transportation home, pick up prescriptions, a meal and a settlement visit through VON Grey Bruce
- Home Help – three one hour visits through HCSS Grey Bruce
- Two weeks Meals on Wheels through HCSS Grey Bruce
- Transportation Services – 2 rides to medical appointments (within 6 weeks post discharge) through HCSS Grey Bruce
- Caregiver Supports – Three hours of intensive caregiver support (over a three week period) by the Alzheimer Society Grey Bruce or VON Caregiver
All of these services and agencies work collaboratively to keep our patients where they want to be in their own homes for as long as possible.
Our hospital partners, the LHIN Home and Community Support Services as well as our Lead Agencies in Grey Bruce all work together to enhance the patient experience after leaving the hospital.