This service delivers support to individuals who live in their own homes and need assistance with household chores and/or nutrition and meal preparation. Services include routine and seasonal cleaning, laundry, meal organizing and preparation, basic pet care, errands and grocery shopping.
Clients for the Housekeeping Program include adults who are unable to complete routine household tasks due to cognitive impairment, physical disability, frailty, or an acute or chronic illness. If the housekeeping needs cannot be met safely in their own home, a person may be found ineligible for the Program.
About our program
- The service is available Monday to Friday, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Frequency and scope of the service will be based on individual assessment.
- There is a cost of $18.50 per hour. The minimum visit is one hour, and will be based upon a comprehensive in-home needs assessment.
Services we offer
- If a home requires an intensive cleaning to bring it to a point where routine cleaning is possible, this will be completed by two staff working together
- If work is required from ladders this can be arranged, but two staff will work together
- The housekeepers can help pack and unpack to assist with moving if family or caregivers are not available to assist
- Housekeeping staff are able to shop from a list with a maximum of $100.00 cash, and can make a maximum of three stops when running errands
- Transportation costs to complete the errands will be billed to the client at a mileage fee of $10.00 minimum or .45 cents per kilometer
How it Works
If you are new to HCSS, register with us by calling the central intake office at 1-833-659-5491.
Afterward, please contact us to arrange your service.